Salud

Supreme Court Gives Way to Trump's Third Attempt at Travel Ban

Supreme Court Gives Way to Trump's Third Attempt at Travel Ban

The administration has made the argument that this third version of the travel ban is different from the other two that had lost court challenges because it is based on an "extensive worldwide review process" of information used by foreign governments to screen its travelers. The travel ban will be in full effect until those courts rule and the Supreme Court offers its guidance, according to various news reports.

Even as Mr Trump sought to minimise Mr Flynn's misdeeds, the Kremlin insisted that Mr Flynn's conversations with the Russian ambassador to the US had not influenced President Vladimir Putin's response to sanctions imposed by Mr Trump's predecessor. It's unfortunate that the full ban can move forward for now, but this order does not address the merits of our claims.

Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Sonia Sotomayor said they would have denied the administration's request.

But the action indicates that the high court might eventually approve the latest version of the ban, announced by President Donald Trump in September.

White House spokesman Hogan Gidley said the White House is "not surprised by today's Supreme Court decision permitting immediate enforcement of the President's proclamation limiting travel from countries presenting heightened risks of terrorism". Lower courts have continued to find problems with the policy. And this phrase bona fide relationship comes from language that the Supreme Court itself provided earlier this year when it was considering an earlier version of the travel ban.

They also concluded that it was improper for courts to try to evaluate the extent of the security threat which provided the basis for the order, as well as the motives behind the order, which was actually the work of extensive study by many different federal agencies.

"From June 16, 2015 to this day, President Trump's immigration policies have always been about one thing: keeping Americans safe from people who seek to do us harm and attack our freedoms", he said. If the Court grants the petition for a writ of certiorari, this order shall terminate when the Court enters its judgment. "All Americans should take heart that President Trump is fully committed to Making America Safe Again, and will continue the fight to ensure their safety no matter what", Glassner said. Six of those countries are majority-Muslim. The director of the ACLU's Immigrants' Rights Project, Omar Jadwat, says, quote, "President Trump's anti-Muslim prejudice is no secret", end quote.