Toronto FC advances to Champions League final

Toronto FC advances to Champions League final

Chivas managed to see out the result and will face the winner of the other semifinal, where Toronto FC leads Club America 3-1 on aggregate.

It sets up just the third CONCACAF Champions League decider that won't pit two Mexican clubs against one another, with Toronto FC the third MLS team and second Canadian side to make it to the final stage of the competition.

Osorio scored in the 12th minute, taking a pass from Ricketts just outside the penalty area and slotting the ball neatly into the net for a 1-0 lead.

In the end, a goalkeeping masterclass from Rodolfo Cota saw the Mexicans through, as Chivas progressed to their first continental final in the Champions League era thanks to Isaac Brizuela's effort in the first leg. He was replaced by Tosaint Ricketts.

In the 28th minute, Derrick Etienne Jr. rose above a crowd to get his head on a cross, but the attempt sailed over the crossbar. The Canadians joined CD Guadalajara after the Mexican side visited the Red Bull Arena and kept their 1-0 advantage from the first leg. An away goal in either match further complicates things for the home side.

Toronto hosted the first leg in wins over Tigres in the quarterfinals and America in the semifinals.

Israel recuerda a víctimas en el Día del Holocausto
La sombría jornada incluyó también actos y recordatorios en escuelas y centros comunitarios. Algunos viandantes se emocionaron, otros rezaron y muchos filmaron con sus teléfonos.

Toronto goalkeeper Alex Bono made an impressive save in the 27th minute, getting a single hand on a sharp standing header from Club America midfielder Alex Ibarra, deflecting the ball wide of the net.

Bono came up big again five minutes later, throwing his hands up for a close-quarters save on Bruno Valdez and catching his own rebound.

Osorio, 26, has been with TFC since 2013, and this was his 176th appearance for the club.

As the game wore on Toronto captain Michael Bradley moved further and further back, helping to shore up TFC's defense. His presence made a difference in the 80th minute when he stopped a potential breakaway from Diaz. His shot was blocked by Toronto F.C.'s wall.

Andres Uribe tied it for Club América in the second minute of injury time on a penalty kick.